THE BURNING WHITE cover reveal

Here it is–the stunning cover image for Lightbringer 5: The Burning White.

Brent Weeks, Lightbringer, Burning White

EDIT: Here’s a description of the visuals, written by CAPSLOCK.

The Hooded Man is standing on a rocky beach, facing away from us. He is facing an enormous, circular stone tower several yards away (we can only see the first two stories of it). He is brandishing a large sword in his right hand, wearing a red cape, and looking to his left. From our perspective, there’s a white glow coming from his left hand (which is obscured by the cape), and a bolt of orange light emanating from his right side (near his arm). He is surrounded by a warm glow of light in every color, with red, blue, violet, and orange being most prominent. The rest of the image is shades of gray. It looks to be nighttime. The phrase on this volume is “Every legend shines a light…”

How’s this for gutsy? I love it! With an appearance by our good friend The Hooded Man! (Hey, buddy, fancy seeing you here!)

An enormous thank you to Lauren Panepinto (design) and Gene Mollica (illustration)–Lauren has worked to create beautiful covers for all five Lightbringer novels. The Burning White will be released in late summer/early fall 2019. (Yes, that’s next year. Patience, grasshopper.) If you’d like to leave your fulsome praise for their work, please do comment below.

This is the first I’ve let CAPSLOCK see it. (It’s fun to keep her out of the loop sometimes.) I think her head just exploded. Oh, MAN! Who’s gonna clean that up. CAPSLOCK 2, where are you?!

35 Responses to “THE BURNING WHITE cover reveal”

1. Jacob Gillett

Love it! Can’t wait for next year!

2. Raina Mist

I just let out the most disturbing choking sound in the middle of the dentists office, I blame you Weeks

3. Tony Oleson

This is an absolute masterpiece. Not only does it capture the whole essence of the books, it feels like standing on the precipice of something monstrously great. #Awe

4. Sue Armitage

Cover looks incredible, just hoping that the UK will get the same ❤️

5. Hunter Pulse

Amazing! I can’t wait to see where this epic story goes, and this wonderful art makes me even more excited!

6. Gary

Love it! Legit can’t wait… Still hoping Gavin/Dazen gets some love.

7. Bryce

It looks amazing! The swirling rainbow of colors overlaying the black and white background has me wondering more about the posibilities of a certain black/white bichrome.

8. Jen

I am in complete awe! Simply stunning.

9. Kolan

Tell her ALL her covers in this series have been amazing!! thanks to you both!

10. Gregory Louderback

Love the cover. It brings the focus back to what’s needed, a new prism.

11. Beverly C

Beautiful!
    But, but… a whole year!

12. Chewie

Who would’ve thought the Red would be the last one standing?

13. Andy

Mr. Weeks,

I just finished The Blood Mirror, and wow, just wow. I am thrilled to learn that you have postponed the release of The Burning White in order to do your best work. You have done a great job with your series and it always has a place in my heart. Thank you.

Best regards,
    Andy

14. Monica

looks awesome, can’t wait for it to come out but know it will be worth it.

15. Nicole Evans

That is positively gorgeous and absolutely *perfect* for the last book (she says, not knowing exactly what the last book will be about, obviously, but still)!!! Fantastic and positively stoked. <3

16. Josh P

Curious how much you directed the artist for this cover, there’s a lot up for interpretation depending on how intentional each detail is, has me so excited for the read!

17. Dan

Wow looks amazing.
    Sadly I dont know if I can wait another year :,(
    It has been an amazing journey so far with amazing character development.

18. alan

Is this going to be the last book? This is turning out to be a long trilogy

19. Nirnaeth

Am I the only one whose eyes are bleeding when I look at this ? The way the colors mix is… unsettling

20. Chris Mitchell

Mate! That is fantastic!

21. Ray Deft

Great looking cover. I particularly like the subtleties on the violets and purples to the left that allude really well to the other colours in the books. Also, I think the cover really brings home what it mike be like to be Gavin, which I think is cool.

22. Nathan Zimmerman

Can’t wait for your book man! Been an awesome series so far though the last book plot twist kinda seemed like a cheap ploy that invalidated some of the books prior. Hopefully in this next one he doesn’t wake up to discover everything was all just dream heh.

23. Eric

Wow another year I really thought it would be August this year ………. now the real wait begins

24. martin

WOW! That cover looks amazing!!!!! Captures a lot if you have read the previous books. And gets you excited if you have not read any! The colors there are really amazing.

25. Alessandro

Didnt realize this was the cover for #5 the shock on my face. ive been waiting and i prom date promise im taking off work to read this.

26. Leah

Finally! Can’t wait to read it next summer. Brent, I told my kids how you responded to my email and it blew their minds (okay, mine too, with delight!). Love!

27. Andy

Wow. I thought I remembered hearing from someone that we were going to be pleasantly surprised by how early this book came out, given that he’d already been working on it and had just split it into two.

It’s still my favorite series of all time, and the timeline is infinitely better than that given by Patrick Rothfuss or George RR Martin. So I guess I’m happy. It’s just a letdown when I thought for sure the book would be here this year.

28. Sam

U know when I finished blood mirror I was kind of angry. I searched the rest of the book looking for any mention of a continuation I didn’t find it I was like u did better with night angel until I saw this book and I know I am going to love it.
    Pls make it long and interesting about 700pgs

29. Cubby Lostboy

but… 2019? *cries*

30. Barry Nowatzke

This is the best one yet and is absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait to hear news of signed copies being available or another meet and greet tour being scheduled. Tell Simon Vance to stock up on herbal tea and to clear his schedule as well. The audibles make the work days go by so much smoother.

31. Martin

Did anyone notice the reflection in the sword?

32. Sherif

Sir permit me to say that in my own personal judgement I rate u as a writer higher than Williams Shakespeare, Thomas hardy, Asimov,JRR Tolkien, George RR, etc. In fact it seems like purgatory. I do not know how u do it but u definitely have a big fan in me. Keep up the great Job.

33. Deboyle

Well then, looking at the Cover image, i do not see how you can alludes to Dazen/Gavin as he is now a bichrome. That Cover is suffused with colors….another ten months to wait for arguably the best fantasy series ever written! Can’t wait…..