UPDATE: The JordanCon Silent Auction was a HUGE success this year! The naming rights went to Sam Baskin, and the $750 bid will benefit the Dennis and Donna Oldorf Hospice House of Mercy in Iowa. Thanks so much Sam! His character will make an appearance in THE BURNING WHITE as Rivvyn Shmuel; the book is available for pre-order NOW, and is set to be released on October 22!
Here’s your chance to become a character in an upcoming novel by New York Times Bestselling author & 2019 JordanCon Guest of Honor Brent Weeks!
Brent has very kindly donated the rights to name a minor character in one of his upcoming works. The stunning conclusion to the Lightbringer Series, THE BURNING WHITE, set to be released in late 2019, and will go into production in a few weeks. As the winner of this auction, you can submit a name (or variation thereof) that may appear in that book, or another upcoming project of Brent’s choosing. There is no guarantee that the name will be used in a specific book, but it will be used somewhere, and whatever he does is bound to be great. The character named will play a minor role in the work; there is no promise of dialogue or impact on the plot, but Brent will do his best to make the appearance a memorable one.
All proceeds from the auction will benefit the Hospice of Mercy in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Rules and Conditions:
If you participate, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms and conditions below.
- You must be present at JordanCon in Atlanta on Saturday, April 27, to bid in the auction.
- Brent will adapt the winning bidder’s submitted name to fit the world of the Seven Satrapies or Midcyru. Usually,
this means altering the spelling/pronunciation to fit the culture of the fictional world.
- If the winning bidder chooses to submit the name of someone else, the winning bidder must submit a written release
from this other person giving permission to use their name.
- This auction is for the name only. The winning bidder may not dictate the character’s personality, description, or role in
the story. Any such ideas become the sole property of Brent Weeks with no further compensation or acknowledgment.
- If you are the winning bidder, you must provide contact information (Full name, proposed character name, email address,
physical address, and telephone number)
- Finally, we hope it goes without saying, but: the submitted name will be rejected if Brent feels that it is in any way
offensive, ill-intentioned, or disruptive to the story.
The Release Date for THE BURNING WHITE is October 22, 2019. However, publication dates are naturally subject to change. The winning bidder may receive an email with updates regarding the actual release date.