The amazing Raelynn H. and her equally amazing partner, JB, made this very, very cool thing — and then gave it to me:
Over at the Orbit Books, Brent’s got a new interview about The Way of Shadows graphic novel. If you’d like to hear what surprised him about having the novel adapted, who his favorite hero from comics is, and just waht comic books he’d recommend to fantasy fans… go HERE.
The graphic novel is available NOW in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. (Note that you can purchase it in hardcover OR in digital format!) And if you live anywhere near Portland, Oregon, you can come to a special reading at the Bridgeport Barnes & Noble at 7pm tonight. Details HERE.
If you haven’t already, order your copy at any of the following bookstores:
iBooks (digital only)
Google Books (digital only)
* We know there are some issues with a few of these, showing it to be “not yet available” — those should be cleared up soon.
The Way of Shadows graphic novel is also being published in the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand on October 7th. Click the links below to pre-order your copies! There’s still time to pre-order and get your bonuses (see HERE for how to do that).
The very talented Elene N. (yep, that’s her real name) made this Night Angel cosplay for a Con in Norway. Here are some more pictures:
We’ll be sending her some loot, but we also want to give you a chance to win some!
Grand Prize: A complete signed set of The Lightbringer Series, in Hardcover, and the first two chapters of The Blood Mirror! (Nobody else has this. Not even Brent’s editor! But you can’t share it with anyone!)
Second Place: A signed hardcover copy of The Broken Eye, and signed copies of The Blinding Knife and The Black Prism in trade paperback.
Third Place: A signed copy of The Broken Eye.
Fourth Place: Three signed bookplates.
1. Entries may be submitted started today (September 29) until Monday, November 3rd at 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
2. Entry must include a picture of you in a costume inspired by the Night Angel Trilogy or The Lightbringer Series (go HERE to check out the Night Angel character sketches), along with a one or two sentence description.
3. International entries are allowed and encouraged!
4. As long as the costume is materially yours, some Photoshop is fine (no presenting characters from movies or video games by putting a gloss of Photoshop on it and saying it’s your costume).
5. Two entries allowed per person, but you can only win once.
6. The subject line of the email should read: 2014 Costume Contest
7. Address the email to CAPSLOCK @ brentweeks.com (no spaces; and as in previous years, Brent will be selecting the winners).
8. The costume must be family-friendly (as usual, we’d like to display the best entries on the website and we can’t do that if it’s not appropriate for younger fans).
Video submissions are allowed, but Brent is judging the costume, not the video. Brent will judge costumes individually if you have two people in a photo, but only one person will receive a prize. You must be 18 or older to win (younger participants are welcome, but by law I can’t give you a prize). No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. We will notify winners via email; you must respond within 7 days, or another winner will be chosen. The grand prize is worth approximately $100. Second place is worth approximately $60. Third place is worth approximately $30. Fourth place is worth about $15.
Winners will be announced on Monday, November 10, 2014.
Many thanks to the friends and fans who sent us their pictures, posted them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter under #BrokenEyeTour! There were so many awesome photos, it was hard to choose just a few to post here, but here’s a selection (including some of the selfies Brent took on tour…). We also have a few lucky winners and will be sending them their complimentary t-shirts shortly!
Portland, Powell’s Books
Seattle, University Bookstore
San Francisco, Borderlands
San Diego, Mysterious Galaxy
Denver, Tattered Cover
Salt Lake City, The King’s English
Houston, Murder by the Book
Roseville, MN, Barnes & Noble
Joseph-Beth Booksellers, Cincinnati
Madison, Barnes & Noble
Salem, The Book Bin
You can buy a SIGNED copy of The Way of Shadows graphic novel… at cover price from the Signed Page.
That means you can pre-order the book, get it signed for just the cover price (this almost never happens) AND get the pre-order bonuses (the exclusive Way of Shadows graphic novel bookplate — which heck, you can frame as a keepsake since you’ll already have a signed copy!) and the downloadable wallpaper.
There are limited number of copies, so go HERE to order now!